Tuesday, June 17, 2008

As promised my Blog on Fatherhood...

As promised my Blog on Fatherhood...




Fatherhood..

This passed Sunday was father's day the only reason why I actually knew this was because everyone kept sending me "Father's Day Well wishes" despite the fact that I am not a Breeder!! Those that know me knows my stands on bringing children into a world as dysfunctional as this one.

Such a world that rewards corruption, selfishness and instant gratification. A world with a system designed to have a certain group of people literally and figuratively stand on the backs and shoulders of another less fortunate group.

“Life is no bed of rose”. People say I'm selfish for not wanting children. I never said I didn't want them I said it is selfish to bring them into this world. A baby is born perfect pure perfection straight from heaven direct from God. You have a brand new individual ready to be molded and shaped into something as grand as the actually concept of it’s existence and "we" us adults, parents, leaders, rappers, ministers, corrupt them because the ones before us corrupted us.

With that being said in such an imperfect world two parents are needed if said child will even have a chance in this dysfunctional environment we call the planet Earth. Even then it’s a long shot. Fatherhood is lacking in our country, especially the black and Latino communities. A lot of times in black homes such as mine the "Daddy" is gone or never been there such is my case. My experience with Latino homes is many times the “Daddy” is there but such a poor of example of manhood that possibly it might have been more of an advantage to the child him not being there. This rings true in many poor black and white homes as well.

I never knew my father folks (don't even know his name) never had an inclination to seek him out. I was never bitter like some “black boys” growing up. But I could understand the damage of having that male figure not being around can cause. To me, having a father in your life that is a subpar individual is worst then not having one at all. I look at my younger brother who unfortunately knew his father. For the brief time my brother’s father was in my life I realized that he was a “substandard” individual. In hindsight I did at times enjoy the “male bonding” but I also knew at 9 I was intellectually superior. So my brother is born and his “Daddy” was gone soon after. I had at 10 years old resigned myself to the conclusion that I would have to be a father to my little brother I would have to be the tough one I couldn’t be his friend . My mother decided I guess that she made a mistake by not having my father in my life (she didn’t make a mistake by the way but my mother is damaged. I tell you people stop having children you just continuing a cycle of dysfunction!!!) So this fool comes into my brother’s life and well my brother realized that he was a “substandard” But the damages is done but I did my job and he is going to be another dangerous educated black man and this I am proud of.

I use the term “substandard individual” so I don’t have to say the word NIGGER, not NIGGA but NIGGER from the Niggroidian term describing no account people who’s very existence is a waste on the Earth’s natural resources. “substandard individuals” shouldn’t have children shouldn’t be fathers.

Much has been made over Barack Obama aka the Anti-Christ’s speech on fatherhood which I have posted above. He focuses on the black community and the 50 percent ratio of single mother’s in our communities. 50 Percent half of all these little black children running around town are fatherless in the home. Not saying that all of the 50 percent have fathers who do not take an active role in the kid’s life but I can make safe in my judgment to say most don’t.

I’m going to talk to women for a second and explain how “Men” think. If we love you the “women” and I mean truly love care for, honor etc... Then nine times out of ten we “the Man” will have an interested in that baby’s development. Will want to stick around and be a father. You have some men who simply feel obligated no matter the circumstances to be a father , these people are not in the majority. It’s not in a male’s nature the male species to stick around the nest

Humans are animals no matter what the Bible or the Quran says. We are driven by animal instincts thanks to evolution or whatever we have the ability to use reason and have emotions that guide our instincts. Not making an excuse for the deadbeat daddies of the world just stating a fact. We don’t want the woman we don’t want the child (Most times). And if you have a kid when we meet you most times we don’t want you lol.

Then you have the men who aren’t ready to be Men they truly are in love with the young lady going through the motions of a relationship and etc. But then fatherhood is thrust upon them and that’s real folks to be a Father is REAL its serious business. A lot of men can’t handle that pressure so this is why you see the women getting killed or the men simply running away.

This cycle this fear of growing up must stop in our communities I understand its 2008 and we are in a selfish period of our human existence when there is no thought or care to the outcome of those that come behind you I dig I get where we at. But its time to stop we are in a critical time in our history.

We had a topic on my radio show a few weeks ago discussing the lack of role models in the black communities, the lack of mentorship. The only ones that black boys indentify with are entertainers for the most part rappers and I’m scarred that today’s generation is being guided by today’s Hip-hop stars not saying that our Hip hop legends were angels but at least most had integrity had a story to tell other then “The world is fucked up so lets get money and fuck bitches and look out for number 1”. Our entertainers need to do better we need songs about fatherhood and family So the kids can see that hey caring for a woman and raising a family isn’t a sign of weakness it doesn’t mean that you are pussy whipped it means you are an adult .

WITH THAT SAID I’M SINGLE FOR LIFE SORRY LADIES LOL

Men we can no longer sit back run from our responsibilities (I say we meaning ya'll niggas I aint having kids) its time to be a man its time support our women. Its time to father our children. This goes for sons and daughters. Little girls need a positive example of a man as much as little boys do. We can no longer continue the cycle of Immature Men procreating with insecure and angry women. We can no longer watch as our children run wild in the streets with no goals passed Friday night. Real men stand up be a father to your children be husband to your wives. Husband means the band that holds the family together the foundation.

Until humankind Black, White, Latin, and the rest start being better people and better parents I will not be selfish enough to bring another life into this world. Until folk actually take parenting seriously enough to understand that your life is for that Child no longer is about you and your dreams and aspirations your job is cultivate a positive and contributing member of society I refuse to be responsible for thrusting another person into a society with so many damages people.

Besides it doesn’t look like we are going to improve anytime soon so there isn’t probably that may more days left for us Human’s on this planet at this rate. But I guess I still have some hope...



PS: Congrats to my homie Scott on the birth of his baby girl Jessica…

Jessica Joy Stockdale good luck ..

No comments: