Monday, July 7, 2008

What's In A Name?? J-Didda, Not Dilla, Not Diddy

Let's talk about my name "J-Didda" people think I'm biting off of Diddy or the late J. Dilla apparantly today's hip hop heads have short memory . This is my 7th year in the music business officially

Unofficially its 8 cause I wasn't serious before . My name J-Didda started as a joke because I did a party and basically there was a bunch of ladies there that I "Did" so me and dallah bill was drunk and said my name should be "Jay Did her", and "her" and "her"

So we decided on "Didda" meaning things get done when J does it . I get things done.

At the time J. Dilla was going by Jay Dee . And he really wasn't popular as he is now . Unfortunately Mr. Dilla passed away and that increased his public awareness . What big say? "You nobody to somebody kills you" . What is funny is that J. Dilla changed his name from Jay dee because he kept being confused by the other producer "J.D." Jermain Dupree

Now then there is the Puff Daddy thing ugff Mr. Combs really did me in . He is flashy, I am flashy, he is from Harlem I am from Harlem, He fucks Models .. I fuck lesser known models lol .. But seriously Puff Daddy got arrested went on trial and with a new aquittal and P.R. Campaign he changed his name to P. Diddy his nickname that B.I.G. gave him . Remember "Victory" ? "P.Diddy runs the city shows no pitty"

The Diddy thing or the Nitty is a 90's thing . You would take a persons first letter of there name and add a Diddy or Ditty or Nitty. Example Kareem would be K.Ditty sometimes its a whole name like Frank Nitty

With that being said Mr. Combs decides to drop the "P" and go by Diddy which further confuses people . When people call me "Didda" (Imagine the awkwardness when I introduced myself to Puff)

See the pix haters.. Lol

Now that the light is on my face "again" the hatred is coming my way and people are calling me a bitter. And calls from some peanut galleries to change my name

I am no biter, no copy cat, no dick rider or any other elegant Euphamisms.

My story is original I run mass media. Radio, Television, Events, Parties, Ghostwriting, Consultant, Executive, Young Mogul .

So folks I thought I would enlighten those who are in the dark.

No comments: